BLUE SHARKS - KEY
1) Why do blue sharks have huge pectoral fins?
Because they live in the open ocean and the fins keep them from sinking. The bigger the fins, the slower the shark can swim.
2) What is a pelagic animal?
A pelagic animal is an animal which lives far from the shore in the open ocean.
3) Why is the blue shark called the blue shark?
Because its back is blue.
4) How many miles can the blue shark travel?
Thousands of miles.
5) Are blue sharks dangerous to people?
6) What does the word viviparous mean?
If an animal is viviparous, it means that it produces live offspring (babies), and not eggs.